Thursday, December 21, 2006

first time encounter with spam

Since 10th of this month I have been checking and clearing a friend's professional contact point, and surprise for me, the extent of spam, filling the inbox. Messages from the provider shouting about box overload. Sick spam and post-avant spam and beggars belief and joke spam, and can I say it, ham spam...

Went in to read and clear today, only a day since I last checked, and there were 79 in the inbox. Only 1 email that wasn't spam.

I have noticed that for a few days now (leading up to Christmans) the amount of this stuff has increased. I'm wondering why? Are penis enlargements and bank loan acceptances and the strangely cut-up excercises, which sell nothing, and mention all sorts of off topic disjunctions somehow more desired around this time of year? not by me that's for sure

Fortunately for me, (sorry A) I'll be off on a holiday without internet for two weeks. I am so looking forward to this, but figure that the spam overload will cause the provider to bounce all mail until either I or A get back. I don't get spam on my contacts, because they are not in public domain and I'm truly thankful for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home